This page will show you how to install mods for Red Dead Redemption 2 on your PC.
Modding such game as Red Dead Redemption 2 is fascinating, there is a chance that it will somehow damage your game – or worse, Rockstar may decide to prohibit you from using certain features of the game (if not the game itself).
Below is a guide to installing mods for Red Dead Redemption 2 in such a way as to prevent damage to the game or bans. Also see the How to remove mods.
Warning: Do not use Single Player Modifications in Multiplayer Game.
Install RDR2 Mods
- Locate the root game folder. This file path usually looks something like: [DRIVE]: > [Install Location] > [Game Files].
- Back up your game file before installing any mods. Copy and paste the main save file elsewhere for safe keeping.
- Add the desired mod file.
Install RDR2 ScriptHook
- Download Scripthook
- Unzip Scripthook
- In the Scripthook folder you will find rdr2d.exe
- Click on rdr2d.exe and your game will start and if you have mods installed then they will load into the game.
Install RDR2 Mods With Mod Manager
- Download Red Dead Redemption 2 Mod Manager
- Create a subfolder in your RDR2 Mod directory (Press OPEN MOD FOLDER to get to this directory). Name this subfolder the name of the mod (ie “SCRIPTHOOK”)
- In this subfolder place the mod files like you would if this folder was your installation folder. (FOR EXAMPLE: If the mod author says to place xxx file in a subfolder in your game directory called “mods”, then in this subfolder you created, make that “mods” folder and place the files respectively. You should now have a structure of RDR2Mods\MODNAME\mods\xxx file)
- Press RELOAD in the manager and this mod will now appear in the list. Check the box to mark as enabled, and then press SINGLE PLAYER when you have all your mods enabled/disabled.